The Wailea Sunset Estate is a beautiful 4,000 square foot newer luxury estate four bedroom home with five and a half bathrooms. The Wailea Sunset Estate is situated near two sandy swimming beaches and the properties border Wailea Resort. The Wailea Sunset Estate has a priceless and stunning panoramic ocean front setting. A sprawling manicured grass lawn slopes down to the water’s edge where a pebbly cove invites you to snorkel, swim, boogie board, kayak, and scuba dive – right from your home! Waves lap gently along the shoreline and may be heard day and night. Kick back and view the crystal clear ocean and the glittering starry night skies from the dramatic elevated upstairs decks.
Guests have exclusive use of their own hot tub and pool situated under the stars.
The Wailea Sunset Estate has a priceless and stunning panoramic ocean front setting. A sprawling manicured grass lawn slopes down to the water’s edge where a pebbly cove invites you to snorkel, swim, boogie board, kayak, and scuba dive – right from your home! Waves lap gently along the shoreline and may be heard day and night. Kick back and view the crystal clear ocean and the glittering starry night skies from the dramatic elevated upstairs decks.
For guests who wish to stay connected during their holiday there is wireless high speed internet service at no extra charge. Several rooms have convenient hard-wired cable modem ethernet jacks.
There is an iPod dock and two XBox game systems provided in the main living area and another in the twin bedroom. We never knew auto racing could be so fun – it’s not just for youngsters!
Luxurious accents include a gated entry, hand etched frosted glass floor to ceiling sliding glass doors to welcome you, a covered hot tub spa and motorized retracting solar cover for the pool, motorized exotic bamboo sun shades throughout, a double set of privacy blinds in all bedrooms, central split zone air conditioning, security system, private en-suite bathrooms, a complete entertainment center in each bedroom and living room including two 65 inch high definition televisions, an iPod dock, patio fire pit for romantic evenings, and tropical theme interior decor.
The detailing of Wailea Sunset Estate is superlative. Our photos cannot adequately share the overall experience with you, but while viewing the slide show, make note of the delicate hand carved Balinese trims, down filled furniture, inlaid mosaic tile floors, warm polished dark mahogany and rosewood floors and cabinets, woven ceilings outlined with mahogany trim, bamboo hand railings, sea foam green marble counters, soothing natural color scheme with Hawaiian print wallpapers and bed covers, silky hand woven Tibetan area rugs, and charming tropical detailing such as turtle shape door knobs, and painted fish on ceramic tiles.
The upstairs ocean view patio is a lush lounging oasis with jumbo potted plants, teak furnishings including a rocking chair and game table, reading light sconces and spectacular ocean and sunset views.
For your enjoyment there is both indoor and outdoor dining, outdoor hot & cold shower, washer/dryer, board games, an extra outdoor table and chairs for entertaining friends, beach chairs & towels and every possible amenity to provide you with life long memories of a sea-side holiday from heaven!
Stroll just one block to two sandy swimming beaches – Polo Beach or Palauea “White Rock” Beaches. World famous Wailea Beach, which hosts the Four Seasons and Grand Wailea Resorts, is a 15 minute stroll along the ocean front Wailea walking promenade. The Fairmont Kealani Resort, Cafe Ciao deli, Four Seasons Resort and swanky restaurants are only a few blocks away. Grab a pizza or fresh pastries and dine leisurely on the ocean front deck of your own home.
Nothing but your hammock, hot tub, pool and a beautiful wide grass lawn come between your home and the beautiful blue Pacific ocean. Stay here and enjoy a great location, excellent amenities, delightful sunsets, home-like atmosphere, and convenient access to Wailea Resort.
State of Hawaii Transient Accommodations Tax License #TA-017-753-4976-01
County of Maui Short-Term Rental License #Hotel-Zoned
Location: Kihei / Wailea
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Square Footage: 4,400 / 1 acre
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Indoor Dining Area Seats 8, Outdoor Dining Area Seats 8
Other Amenities: Security System, Wireless InternetBedroom Configuration:
- Bedroom #1 – Upstairs: King Bed, private bath, walk-in closet, lanai, oceanview, 60in Flat screen TV with Blue Ray DVD, iPod alarm clock (The master suite has a sofa with small pull-out so a young child may sleep in the same room with the parents.)
- Bedroom #2 – Upstairs: 2 Twins or King Bed, private bath, oceanview, lanai, TV with DVD & Xbox, iPod alarm clock
- Bedroom #3 – Upstairs: King Bed, private bath, oceanview, lanai, TV with DVD, iPod alarm clock
- Bedroom #4 – Studio: Large studio bedroom with private bath(approximately 800-900 square feet) in a separate building connected to the main house via a covered walkway with a Queen size murphy wall bed and a separate futon sofa bed. The studio is located on the same main living level with the carport and main house living/dining/kitchen and patio/pool/spa areas
- The grass lawns surrounding the property and all neighboring properties are trimmed with a motorized mower each Saturday. The mower may be audible and the schedule may not be altered.
- A small cottage known as the Wailea Sunset Bungalow is immediately adjacent to the Wailea Sunset Estate. The two dwellings are in close proximity to one another and we cannot say they are exclusively private from each other. A modest amount of landscaping provides some separation. Guests of the Wailea Bungalow are not invited to use the grounds, pool, or amenities of the Estate home.
- The master bedroom and two other main villa upstairs bedrooms are separated by an open-air patio called the moonlight terrace. The distance from the master bedroom to the others is approx. 30 feet. Baby monitors may be effective in overcoming the separation between bedrooms. The 4th bedroom is in a separate building near the carport on the (mountain) side of the property. It is also approx. 30 feet from the main villa. Access is via a covered open-air walkway.
- The swimming pool is not fenced, although it does have a retracting cover which guests are required to close for safety and security when away from the property and at night.
- Entrance to the ocean immediately in front of the Estate is decorated mostly with small pebbles. It may be most comfortable to use foot protection when entering from the property. Over towards the Polo Beach area an off-shore undertow has been reported by various swimmers from time to time. Always swim with a buddy or when others are nearby. Guests agree to use caution and common sense, and to always enter the ocean and to enjoy all sports and activities at their own risk.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $4,750 - $8,500
Minimum Stay Varies: 6-14
Maximum Occupants: 8
Local Taxes: 14.420%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $1,562.49 (including tax)
Security Deposit: $5000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
*$250 reservation fee
*Mid-stay cleaning is included for rentals of 7 nights or more
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.