Fragrant ginger and shower tree blossoms awaken your senses as you enter this grand, beachfront estate. An ancient grove of coconut palms, that sway in the gentle trade winds, peek over the graceful roofline which echoes old time kama’aina charm and plantation style design. As you pass through the covered entry gate, you enter a lush tropical landscape. The ocean is visible through the sapele and glass front door and great room doors. Cushioned wicker rockers and hammock swings greet with open arms and give the message to relax, refresh and rejuvenate.
Wide covered lanais surround the living areas, providing retreat and shelter for outdoor living. The Great room and dining room doors disappear into wall pockets, creating indoor/outdoor living pavilions. Ocean views are enjoyed from the great room, kitchen and dining room as well as from three of the bedroom suites.
The great room features a Hau tree coffee table, salvaged from a tree on site. The high pitched wooden ceiling, with tropical fan, is open to the second floor seating area above. A Pune’e, a built-in daybed, is a focal point which features windows that also pocket into the walls, creating an indoor-outdoor seating zone. Just outside the pune’e are two loveseat gliders with a custom tile checkers-chess-backgammon table.
Modern kitchen invites gourmet creativity while capturing old-time charm. The sunken bar is centrally located and opens to the lanai for both indoor and outdoor entertaining. The dining room features a vintage octagonal glass McGuire table and a one-of-a-kind coral motif chandelier.
Downstairs, there is a guest bath with spacious shower, a desk alcove and laundry room as well as two bedroom suites: the Seashell Suite and the Maile Suite.
The wide Brazilian Cherry staircase arrives at a balcony style landing, overlooking the great room. In the adjacent seating area, a large pune’e overlooks the ocean – an idyllic place to cuddle up with a book. Four upstairs bedroom suites await discovery with each featuring a unique motif; the Coral Suite, the Honu (sea turtle) Suite, the Sea Star Suite, and the Kapa Suite. Two baths include elegant claw foot tubs, one bath has a spa tub and custom mosaic shower “aquarium” design.
The all tile pool provides a 48′ zone for laps plus a large shallow play shelf for kids of all ages and benches on both sides for rest and conversation. Water features include three arching jets from the upper deck, two bubblers on the play ledge and a weir from the spa which spills in to the pool. The jacuzzi spa is elevated to maximize the magnificent view of Koko Head and Koko Crater where the glorious moonrise and sunrises inspire.
The beach is just outside the gate, providing easy access to stroll along the fine, white sand to the Kahala Resort where you can admire the dolphins in their lagoon or “wine and dine”. A protective barrier reef creates gentle swimming or snorkeling conditions nearly year round. The Kahala Mall, for dining, shopping and movies is only a mile away, Diamondhead Crater is 2 miles, Waikiki is 3.5 miles, and Hanauma Bay is 7.5 miles from the house.
Location: Diamond Head / Kahala
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Partial
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Indoor Dining seats 14+ (combined), Outdoor Dining seats 14+ (combined)
Other Amenities: Gated, Alarm SystemBedroom Configuration:
- Seashell Suite, downstairs – King bed
- Maile Suite, downstairs – King bed
- Coral Suite, upstairs – King bed
- Honu Suite, upstairs – King bed
- Sea Star Suite, upstairs – King bed
- Kapa Suite, upstairs – King bed
- Bedroom 7: 1,024 sq ft Carriage House with open plan living, dining, kitchen area, 1 Bedroom with king bed, 1 Bath, washer/dryer, two walk-in closets and 2 lanais w/ magnificent mountain views and ocean view beyond the main house; over a three car garage.
- Partial A/C as AC is only located in each of the bedrooms.
- House is located next to a public beach access.
- Beach in front of house is a public beach and used by other residents and tourists.
- There are no safety fences around pool or spa areas.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $8,500 - $14,000
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-30
Maximum Occupants: 14
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $1650
Security Deposit: $10,000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- $295 nonrefundable service fee
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.