This property allows 1 rental within a 30 day period, please inquire for rates.
Welcome to your home away from home at Makalei Hale. Situated on the slopes of Diamond Head, directly below Diamond Head’s Le’ahi Peak State Monument, the location simply couldn’t get any better if you are looking for a beautiful, private, and quiet retreat! The home sits on an extremely exclusive and solitary street, and the back yard opens up to the slopes of Diamond Head state land with a tropical forest holding numerous species of island song birds. A quick walk will take you to Makalei Beach Park and Leahi Beach Park, practically known only to locals, with great swimming, surfing, and snorkeling. Within a few minutes, you can walk or bike to numerous restaurants and shops, Waikiki Beach, Kaimana Beach Park, shopping and dining on Kalakaua Avenue, the Honolulu Aquarium, Kapiolani Park, Kapiolani Bandstand, Waikiki Shell Amphitheater, the Honolulu Zoo , and the Ala Wai Golf Course. For grocery shopping, Safeway and Whole Foods are also conveniently just a 5-minute drive away. Honolulu international airport is about 20 minutes by car.
This mid-century-modern gem was recently renovated in 2016 and outfitted with only the finest designer furnishings. The living spaces offer furnishings from Roche Bobois, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, Room and Board, and CB2. Original vintage pieces include a wall unit by Poul Cadovius, an original Eames chair, Broyhill Brasilia chest of drawers, and original Hermal Miller bedroom pieces. There is a spacious main lanai for morning coffee, evening dining, and everything in between. A rear deck overlooks an almost 100 year old banyan tree and tropical forest. There is an additional, private lanai off the master bedroom to enjoy ocean views or nighttime stars. The new kitchen offers a state-of-the-art Miele induction stove and oven, as well as Jennair appliances, and there is a bar-b-que if you like cooking outdoors. The home has two large living rooms, three large flat screen TVs, Apple TV, full Wi Fi and cable access, and Bluetooth speakers for your personal music. A full size new washer and dryer are ready for your use. There is even a formal dining room gives you more than enough space to sprawl out with your ohana! Most rooms are climate controlled with split unit A/C units, or large Pella windows can be opened to enjoy the tropical sea breeze.
In the bedrooms and baths, you will be treated to Simmons Black Series mattresses, the same mattresses that grace the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Chain’s rooms. Each bed and bath boasts linens, duvets, towels, and wash cloths from the Luxury Hotel Collection of Frette. Hair care products are from the Loma Conscientious Organic Personal Care Products collection, and organic body soaps are offered by Les Notes de Lanvin.
Enjoy the outdoor shower, surrounded by tropical plantings and lava rock flooring, with a huge Koehler rain shower head and shower wand. Come enjoy this property, located in arguably one of the best locations on the South Shore of Oahu, close enough to all the action of Waikiki and Honolulu, but secluded enough the ocean to hear the surf and the sounds of nature of a tropical forest.
TAX ID: TA-055-250-2272-01
Location: Diamond Head / Kahala
Swimming Pool: No
Air Conditioning: Partial
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Indoor Dining seats 8, Kitchen Counter seats 3, Outdoor Dining seats 8
Other Amenities: Wi-Fi, BBQ Grill, Outdoor Shower, Partial Oceanview from Master LanaiBedroom Configuration:
- Master Bedroom: King, private lanai with partial oceanview/garden view, split A/C, walk in closet, en suite bath
- Bedroom 2: King, split A/C, en suite bath
- Bedroom 3: Queen, split A/C, shared Jack & Jill bath
- Bedroom 4: Queen, split A/C, shared Jack & Jill bath
- Bedroom 5: King, split A/C
- Bedroom 6: 1 Queen, 1 Twin, TV, no A/C and has separate entrance located below main house
- No A/C in Bedroom 6 and it is located down below main house and has a seperate entrance.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $950 - $1,500
Minimum Stay Varies: 10 Night Minimum
Maximum Occupants: 10
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $895
Security Deposit: $295 damage waiver
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Rates are based on 8 guests with an extra $50/night per person up to a maximum of 10 guests.
- A $295 fee that includes damage insurance up to $5,000 instead of a security deposit.
- Mandatory mid-stay cleaning required for all stays of 14 nights or longer and is an additional fee of $400 plus tax.
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.