This property allows 1 rental within a 30 day period, please inquire for rates.
With front row seats to the ocean and the famous Mokulua Islands of Kailua, Lanikai by the Sea offers the best views in the house. Newly renovated, this tropical modern oceanfront beach home is open and spacious, yet warm and inviting. Wake up to the sounds of the sea, breathe in the fragrant salty air and watch the magic in the sky as the afternoons turn into evenings.
Built in the 1940s, Lanikai by the Sea was once the summer home to Princess Abigail Kawananakoa, a beloved Hawaiian princess who was a politician and ruler in the historic Hawaiian monarchy. Kept within the royal family for years, the home was later sold to a respected prominent family of Hawaii in 1956. Lanikai by the Sea embodies a special historic energy, and it is no wonder why so many influential individuals have chosen it over and over again.
Sitting on over 25,000 sq. ft. of land, Lanikai by the Sea features an expansive yard space with warm tropical landscaping. The oceanfront yard offers a picturesque view of the turquoise blue waters. Watch as the kayakers go by, paddling out to the Mokulua Islands daily. At Lanikai by the Sea, you can fully live the indoor/outdoor way.
With beach chic, mid-century modern interiors, the main house has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths, plus the guest house with 1 bedroom & 1 bath. Everything about this home is trendy, cozy and stylish. Gather with friends and family in one of the two living/dining rooms, depending on if you prefer a more formal or casual setting. Every bedroom and room is filled with vibrant colors and beachy whites, reminiscent of the island’s natural palette. Lanikai by the Sea is sure to make your vacation a memorable and unforgettable one.
TAX ID: TA-141-510-3488-01
Location: Kailua / Lanikai
Swimming Pool: No
Air Conditioning: Partial
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Indoor Formal Dining seats 8, Kitchen Counter seats 4
Other Amenities: WiFi, BBQ, Split A/CBedroom Configuration:
- Master Bedroom: California King bed, split A/C, shared bath, Oceanview
- Bedroom 2: Queen bed, split A/C, shared bath
- Bedroom 3: California King bed, split A/C, private bath, Garden View
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed, split A/C, private bath
- Bedroom 5: Guest House with Queen bed, full size sofa sleeper, ceiling fan, full bath, kitchenette, W/D, Lanai with oceanview
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $2,500 - $3,500
Minimum Stay Varies: 10-30 Day Minimum
Maximum Occupants: 10
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $850
Security Deposit: $295 Damage Waiver
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.