This property is licensed as a short term vacation rental, Non-Conforming Use Permit Number 90/TVU-0286, and is compliant with Hawaii State Legislation (HB2078) for vacation rental accommodations.
Kailua Beach House is an original beachfront house with an adjacent cottage house and is a licensed vacation rental. This is a casual, family friendly, two-story 6 bedroom, 4.5 bath beachfront home with 5,000 square feet of living space. The adjacent cottage offers 2 additional bedrooms and 1 bathroom with 1,000 square feet of living space for a total of 8 bedrooms and 5.5 baths with 6,000 square feet of living space. The 1/2 acre privacy-fenced property features a large, free-form swimming pool which has a poolside cabana with a shower and a built-in BBQ. The property decor features light colors, pastels and tropical prints. The oceanfront living area has a wetbar, a card room and TV, DVD, and small stereo.
Kailua Beach is located 15 miles east of the airport and Waikiki across the Koolau Mountains on the Windward coast. This serene residential area has no hotels or vacation rental condos and its three miles of reef-protected, white-sand beach is ranked among the very best in the USA. Windward Oahu offers several golf courses, tennis facilities, water sports activities, a variety of restaurants, grocery stores, theaters, a shopping mall and the consumer services typical of most suburban areas.
Maximum occupancy of the main house and cottage is 16 guests.
TAX ID: TA-074-937-95484-01
Location: Kailua / Lanikai
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: No
Square Footage: 6,000 / 24,000
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Oceanview dining area in the main house seats 10; Main house breakfast area seats 4; Outdoor poolside dining seats 10+.
Cottage oceanview dining area seats 4; Cottage deck dining seats 4
Other Amenities: Wireless Internet, Safe, Beach towels, Boogie boards, Beach chairs, and a Cooler for beach useBedroom Configuration:
TOTAL MAIN HOUSE & COTTAGE BEDDING: 3 Kings, 2 Queens, 8 Twins
- Bedroom #1: 1st Floor – King bed, private bath with shower, oceanview
- Bedroom #2: 1st Floor – 2 Twin beds, private hall bath with shower
- Bedroom #3: 2nd Floor – King bed, shared hall Jack & Jill bath with tub, oceanview
- Bedroom #4: 2nd Floor – 2 Twin beds, shared hall Jack & Jill bath with tub, partial ocean view, sliding shoji doors
- Bedroom #5: 2nd Floor – King bed, oceanview, shared family dressing area and bathroom with BR#6 (This wing of the upper level is set up best for families with kids or adults who are close)
- Bedroom #6: 2nd Floor – Queen bed with oceanview & 2 Twin beds (bed areas can be sectioned off with accordion door to make more like 2 rooms), shared bath with King bedroom (access to this large room from the inside is through BR#5 or from the outside entrance)
- COTTAGE Bedroom #1: Queen bed, shared bath
- COTTAGE Bedroom #2: 2 Twin beds, shared bath
- House has ceiling fans throughout but is NOT air-conditioned.
- There is no land-line in the main house or the cottage.
- Cottage – 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit with ocean views and a private path to the beach, is located in a separate building outside of the gate, above the caretaker’s quarters.
- Caretaker lives in cottage outside of gate but on property.
- Public beach access is located next to property.
- House is in need of minor maintenance, beachside windows need to be replaced along with a few other minor items.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $1,650 - $2,750
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-14
Maximum Occupants: 16
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $925
Security Deposit: $1,500
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Rate based on occupancy of 16 guests and check-in orientation at the property.
- Maximum of 18 guests total (including children age 5 and over) at $125.00 per extra person/per night with approval.
- Children under 5 years of age are free.
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.