This property allows 1 rental within a 30-day period, please inquire for rates.
The Historic Gingerbread House is a secure and gated residence directly across the street from Kahala beach. The neighborhood is between Diamond Head, the Kahala Hotel and the Waialae Country Club where the world-renowned Sony Open is held. Our professional kitchen boasts top of the line appliances, television, separate ice maker, bar seating and is perfect for family cooking. The formal dining room is just off the kitchen and seats eight. Cathedral ceilings in the living room provide a feeling of space with a wide expanse of French doors that open into the private backyard with saltwater pool, jacuzzi, two outdoor dining tables, BBQ, poolside cabana, lounges and pool seating. All rooms are air-conditioned with individual climate controls and all four bedrooms have their own televisions. The upstairs master suite has a queen-size bed, private bath with views of Diamond Head and a large walk-in closet. The Garden Suite is on the ground floor with French doors that open to the backyard and hosts its own private entries, separate bath, queen bed and a queen sofa bed. Another queen size bedroom has its own outdoor lanai that looks into the backyard and another bedroom has vaulted ceilings and a king size bed. We’re far enough from the crowded beaches of Waikiki to welcome serenity, yet Waikiki and many other island attractions are only minutes away. Upon your arrival you’ll find a selection of island fruits, treats, beverages and several bottles of wine for your enjoyment. A perfect family vacation is yours at The Historic Gingerbread House and we look forward to welcoming you with our own brand of Hawaiian hospitality.
The ‘Gingerbread House’ is on the National Register of Historic Places and was designed by J. Alvin Shadinger. It is a Tudor-French Norman cottage completed in 1931 during the times he was designing similar cottages in the Diamond Head area and was Mr. Shadinger’s personal home for many years. The house has been a location for several movies and television series. It has recently been remodeled and is located just across the street from Kahala Beach.
The beautifully landscaped back yard gives you complete privacy and features a saltwater pool, black tiled spa, covered lanai and a separate gazebo to make this a great home away from home in Hawaii. Outdoor BBQ, two outdoor dining tables and a variety of seating for lounging in the sun or out of the sun. in the roofed Lanai or Gazebo. Just minutes away from Kahala Mall, Hanauma Bay, Ala Moana Shopping Center, and fine dining. Complimentary wireless internet service.
TAX ID: TA-019-756-4416-01
Location: Diamond Head / Kahala
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Square Footage: 2,079 / 13,499
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Formal dining seats 8, Outdoor covered dining seats 8+
Other Amenities: Jacuzzi, Wi-Fi, Gated EntranceBedroom Configuration:
- Bedroom #1: 3rd level – Queen size luxury pillow-top bed, private bath with tub/shower, walk in closet, TV, A/C unit and ceiling fan
- Bedroom #2: 2nd level – Queen size luxury pillow-top poster bed, 2 closets, shared bath right next to bedroom in hall with shower, TV, A/C unit
- Bedroom #3: 2nd level – Queen size luxury pillow-top bed, TV, lanai overlooking garden, half bath right next to bedroom 3 and shared bath with shower located up a few stairs by bedroom 2.
- Bedroom #4: Ground level off yard with private entrance (or can access off stairs from kitchen), Queen size luxury pillow-top bed with French doors that open to the garden, separate bath with shower only that doubles as the pool bathroom. There is an additional Queen sofa bed.
- House is located on the corner of 2 neighborhood streets so may have some road noise, but the house has nice privacy.
- Parking is within the front gates or in covered back carport.
- Neither the swimming pool nor spa have safety fences around them, so guests must watch children at all times.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Monthly Rate Varies: $15,000 - $30,000
Minimum Stay Varies: 30 Day Minimum
Maximum Occupants: 8-10
Local Taxes: 17.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $750
Security Deposit: $3000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.