The Grand Kahala is a wonderful two-story house located just across the residential road and down a path to the beach. It is located on the corner so it has both a front and a back gate with a beautiful front yard and a grand entrance. Step inside these large double doors and you are welcomed into the great room with a vaulted ceiling, modern furnishings, marble floors, central air-conditioning, and dual grand staircases leading to the upper bedrooms. On the lower level you will find the gourmet kitchen, dining room, laundry room, great room with TV, family room with TV, a half bath and two of the guest rooms. The great room on this level leads out the large double glass doors to the free form tropical swimming pool with lava rock waterfall and hot tub. Also in the backyard is a full bathroom with shower, chairs, table with chairs, gas BBQ and gazebo for outdoor dining. Upstairs you have the four additional bedrooms with the master suite in its own wing.
The beach is directly across the street and then about 50 yards down a private path. Located close to restaurants, activities, shopping and only a couple of blocks to the Kahala Resort & Hotel.
This property rents for a 30 day minimum period, please inquire for rates.
TAX ID: TA-153-997-3120-01
Location: Diamond Head / Kahala
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Square Footage: 5,516 / 13,939
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Formal Dining seats 6+, Breakfast Bar seats 4, Outdoor area seats 4 & 6
Other Amenities: WiFi, Master bath Jacuzzi, Personal safe, Gazebo in backyardBedroom Configuration:
- Bedroom 1 Upstairs: Master – King bed, private bath with spa tub & shower, TV, A/C
- Bedroom 2 Upstairs: King bed, private bath with shower, A/C
- Bedroom 3 Upstairs: King bed, private bath with tub & shower, TV, A/C, plus twin bed for child or nanny. Located next to Queen bedroom for families with door in between, or can lock and use stairs off of Family TV room.
- Bedroom 4 Upstairs: Queen bed, private bath with shower, A/C
- Bedroom 5 Downstairs: Queen bed, private bath, A/C
- Bedroom 6 Downstairs: Extra-long twin bed in office located next to the Family TV room, full pool bathroom is located outside the sliding doors. (If preferred to use as only an office bed can be removed)
- Due to open form swimming pool and hot tub at this house guests agree to sign a waiver of liability release for children.
- House is located on the corner of 2 roads with driveway entrances on both sides.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $1,850 - $2,250
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-30 nights
Maximum Occupants: 12
Local Taxes: 17.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $800-1000
Security Deposit: $3,000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
- There is a utility cap of $500-750 based upon length of stay
- Mid-stay cleaning may be required for long stays
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
We thought it might be too good to be true, but were so surprised that it was everything we had hoped for. The perfect place to have your extended family occupy, lots of space, huge pool so that everyone could have fun together. The main part of the house provided a great 'lobby' to meet and spend time together, yet the master bedrooms gave you space to have some time with your spouse or quiet time. The beds were comfortable, there were plenty of towels and dishes so no worries of having to put on the dishwasher before the next meal. Close to a very nice beach, so a quick one block trek. The outdoor eating area was used for just about every meal, it was a perfect place to spend time telling stories and having great belly laughs. The night brought out some flying beetles which had the family becoming skilled ninjas. Central air made it even better for long comfortable sleeps. Close to everything on the island. We rented a couple of convertibles and felt like movie stars as the tour busses cruised past the home wishing they were as lucky as us to be staying there. Everyone had a wonderful time.
This was one of the best rental home experiences ever. Well equipped home with lots of bathrooms and beds. Everyone enjoyed the outdoor eating area and great pool. This is one that the pictures are not as nice as the house actually is. This place is in a quiet location easy to get to. They delivered on every promise.