Welcome to Shambala Maui Tropical Estate, a 6 bedroom 9 bath 11,000 square foot panoramic ocean view single-family vacation estate and spa, spread over 2 acres and nestled in a quiet residential community overlooking the sunny leeward Makena-Kihei-Wailea coastline of Maui island.
This heavenly retreat is simply incomparable in terms of panoramic views, privacy and security, the generous array of household and recreational amenities provided, the surrounding flora and fauna, quality of art, decor, furnishings, kitchen goods and linens, and entertainment options. In addition to all of the seriously decadent amenities provided, what we love most about Shambala is the sense of peacefulness, tranquility, and calm serenity that you will feel when walking through the gardens, relaxing in the warm pools, or lounging on the supremely comfortable down-filled furniture.
Dine outdoors in the cool fresh morning air on the 2,000 square foot “mountain” side sun-shaded patio. Grab a coffee from the built-in Dacor coffee bar. Cook a perfect omelette on the Wolf gas range or use the Vitamix for smoothies. Actually, why stop there? Almost every imaginable small appliance and kitchen gadget is stocked for your cooking fun. The pool cabana BBQ is large enough to grill gourmet hot dogs or burgers or chicken breast for all 12 guests at one time. The popcorn maker can feed a whole theater. We suggest you organize a cooking competition for your own group when in residence and make good use of what looks like a full catalogue of goodies from “Williams-Sonoma” or better.
Need a work out? Drop in to your very own fully equipped private home gym, located pool-side by the BBQ and Billiards Cabana. The air-conditioned gym features Precor brand state-of-art equipment such as 2 treadmills, elliptical trainer, large assortment of free weights, stationary bicycle, universal weight machine, Pilates Reformer machine, Yoga supplies, and two large HD televisions with surround-sound and the entertainment options.
Ready to swim? You have 3 heated saline pools to choose from. Lap swim in the 52 foot two lane lower pool, take a dip in the free-form lagoon-style shallow oasis, slip into the extra-deep plunge pool, or take a break in the heated hot spa that is adorned with a cascading waterfall. You can also slide into the plunge pool or “hike” through the misty LED lit grotto that passes beneath another gorgeous cascading waterfall. The pools are heated to a minimum average of 84 degrees year-round. Cool off with complimentary ice cream bars, that is unless someone else in your group already gobbled them all up.
Need a break from Maui’s gorgeous sunshine and warmer mid-day temps? Plop down on the sunken living room sofa and watch a movie or tv show on the 9.5 foot HD screen. Press a button to drop the sun shades. Before you know it, you might just be in slumber-land. We will let you figure out how to best enjoy “Pete’s Bar”. There’s plenty of entertainment waiting for you there, just follow one of the drink recipe books, run one of the many blenders, toss in a paper umbrella (stocked – of course!), grab a custom printed Shambala napkin and gulp down your favorite tropical refreshment. How about a drink mixing competition too?
Other on-site entertainment might include a game of billiards, net games on the lower lawn (volleyball or badminton), or a round of poker with one million $ worth of casino-quality chips. Another great recreation is to play on Shambala’s championship quality paspalum grass 2,500 square foot 4 hole private putting green with two sand bunkers. Built to USGA standards and maintained at 9+ stimp, the putting green offers some serious putting practice. Putters, balls and baskets are stocked in the garage for your use.
After soaking up the rays of our brilliant sunsets and dinner on the alfresco patio, settle into one of the six spacious upper level bedroom suites. Four of the bedroom suites are ocean view bedrooms with king size beds, private terraces with lounging furniture, full ensuite bathrooms with deep soaking tubs, decadent sheeting and down pillows and comforters, and large screen TVs with full audio/video features including Apple TV, Netflix, CD/DVD capability, and HD Dish TV with plenty of extra sports and news channels. Two mountain view bedrooms offer flexible bedding. Request a king size bed or two twin size beds for each of the two mountain-view rooms prior to arrival. Each of the six bedroom suites are set up with all of the same indulgent goodies including down filled furniture, ultra-plush natural wool carpet, and a full entertainment system. Any of the six bedroom suites are wheelchair accessible via a beautiful brass and wood elevator.
Conveniently situated between bedrooms 5 and 6 (the two twin or king rooms) is a “play room” that can also double as a nursery. There is plenty of room for a crib, pack ‘n play, highchair, and other baby items. The play room is outfitted with sofas, a banquet, games, books and toys, a TV, iPod dock, Wii game, and much more.
The views from Shambala stretch from Makena to Kahului, including the Wailea-Kihei coastline and the West Maui Mountains. Shambala is conveniently located between Kihei and Wailea. You can easily travel to The Grand Wailea Resort, The Four Seasons Resort, The Shops At Wailea, Kihei-Town, Numerous Championship Golf Courses, Tennis Courts, Beaches, Snorkeling Coves, Diving Spots, Surfing & Paddle Boarding Spots, Spas & Salons, Grocery Stores, and Dining & Shopping.
State of Hawaii Transient Accommodations Tax License #TA-152-017-7152-01
County of Maui Short-Term Rental License #STKM 2016/0001
Location: Kihei / Wailea
View: Oceanview, Mountain, Garden
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Square Footage: 11,000 / 2 acres
Staff Services: Complimentary daily housekeeping included. Additional staff services are available at additional cost.
Indoor Formal Dining for 12 guests, Covered Lanai Dining for 12 guests at 2 Tables for 6 each, Alfresco Breakfast Garden Dining, Kitchen Counter Seating, Media Room Bar Seating, Outdoor Pool Cabana Bar Seating
Other Amenities: 3 Heated Pools, Waterslide, Hot Tub with Waterfall, Pool and BBQ Cabana, 3 Hole Putting Green, Fitness Center, Kosher Kitchen, Home Office, 2 Laundry Rooms, Privately Gated, Extensive Media Library with Apple TV, Netflix and Blu-Ray, Elevator, Commercial Grade High-Speed Wireless InternetBedroom Configuration:
- Master Suite – King Bed, Private Oceanview Lanai, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and dual vanities
- Guest Suite 1 – King Bed, Private Oceanview Lanai, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and dual vanities
- Guest Suite 2 – King Bed, Private Oceanview Lanai, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and dual vanities
- Guest Suite 3 – King Bed, Private Oceanview Lanai, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with whirlpool tub, separate shower and dual vanities
- Guest Suite 4 – 2 Twin Beds or 1 King Bed, 3rd Twin Trundle Bed, Mountain View, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with shower/tub and dual vanities
- Guest Suite 5 – 2 Twin Beds or 1 King Bed, Mountain View, HD LCD TV, iPod dock, Private ensuite bath with shower/tub and dual vanities
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $6,950 - Upon Request
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-14
Maximum Occupants: 12
Local Taxes: 14.420%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $2,083.32 (including tax)
Security Deposit: $15,000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Villa Specific Disclosures
On-site Services and Maintenance During Guest Visits:
Select services are performed on fixed days by professional vendors during rental visits. The schedule outlined below will typically apply to one week visits. For longer rentals, we may need to periodically add in some additional services such as an extra gardening visit. Although we prefer to continue all the services to enhance the guest experience, some of the services can be re-scheduled depending on the length of guest visit, so please inquire if you have specific concerns or requests. The vendors are unobtrusive, uniformed, quiet, do not approach guests, and work as quickly as possible. For the most part, there is no impact on guest use of the property and the vendors are sometimes not seen or heard. They include…
- Daily light hotel-style housekeeping service that includes exterior area touch up and driveway touch up.
- Daily putting green maintenance – Approx. 30 minutes either late morning or early afternoon.
- Twice per week pool service in the early morning hours. This includes once/week pool cleaning.
- Once per week fish tank cleaning.
- Once per week gardening service.
- Once per week lawn mowing and blowing on Saturday mornings for approx. 2-3 hours – this typically cannot be waived.
Pool and Property Usage Disclosures:
- No Lifeguard Provided – Guest Use is at Your Own Risk – Adults Must Supervise Use by Children and Young Adults
- Pool is Not Covered or Fenced
- Guests Must Turn Off the Water Slide After Using By Turning The Lever To The OFF position
- Pool is Heated in Cooler Months to an Average of 84 Degrees. Higher Pool Temperatures May Not be Attainable Given the Depth and Size of the Pool
- The Putting Green is For Mature Guest Use. Please Supervise Use By Children and Young Adults
- Guests must sign House Rules prior to taking occupancy
- Chefs and other service providers must be pre-approved by the property manager in advance. We maintain an approved vendor list for this purpose. Please inquire if interested.
SPECIFIC RENTAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS STIPULATED BY MAUI COUNTY AS A CONDITION FOR GRANTING SHAMBALA A SHORT-TERM (Vacation) RENTAL PERMIT/LICENSE:
- Quiet Hours From 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m., During Which Time the Noise from the Short-Term Rental Home Shall Not Unreasonably Disturb Adjacent Neighbors
- Sound that is Audible Beyond the Property Boundaries During Non-Quiet Hours Shall Not be More Excessive than Would be Otherwise Associated with a Residential Area
- Amplified Sound that is Audible Beyond the Property Boundaries of the Short-Term Rental Home is Prohibited
- Vehicles Shall be Parked in the Designated Onsite Parking Area and Shall Not be Parked on the Street
- No Parties or Group Gatherings Other than Registered Guests Shall Occur
- Occupancy is for 2 Guests per Bedroom
- Rental is for One Set of Guests (family, group, etc.) at a Time. Property is Not Rented at the Same Time to Multiple Sets of Guests or to Unaffiliated Persons
- Guests May Not Bring Personal Amplified Sound/Music Devices to the Property. They Cannot be Used Inside or Outside of Shambala. The In-House Sound System has been Custom Designed to Provide Sound/Music for Guest Use According to Special Volume Restrictions and Related Terms and Conditions Required for the Property’s Short-Term Rental Home Permit as Specified by the Maui County Administration. No Exceptions Allowed
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.