Ocean House is the newest residence in the collection of ultra-luxury homes designed by renowned Hawaii Architect Jim McPeak and built by San Diego based developer Mark Gosselin. This estate is a modern take on Oahu’s well-known Banyan House. It captures a similar style of oversized, grand spaces all centered around the stunning ocean view.
With three ocean view suites, each room affords it’s own level of comfort and privacy. Each bedroom is spacious with its own ensuite bathroom. The upstairs master has its own sitting room with a desk and the downstairs master has an extended split-level room with gym equipment.
The builder’s trademark style was used throughout home and is quickly apparent with the round-about driveway, floating step entrance and oversized front door. The grand room which is the center of the home, boasts 25-foot ceilings and endless ocean views. It’s indoor waterfall only adds to the already relaxing atmosphere.
Designed for Hawaii’s signature indoor/outdoor lifestyle, the grand room’s doors pocket back entirely and open up the home to the outdoor lounge and ocean side yard. The infinity-edge pool and jacuzzi disappear into the horizon and pull the ocean even closer to you.
Beneath the ocean side yard is a hidden sand terrace with two chaise lounges. It is like your own private cove perched above Oahu’s most sunning seascape. Just below the same terrace is your private ocean access to the Portlock tide Pools where dipping your toes and searching for hermit crabs, shells and colorful reef fish is only too fun.
Located in south east Oahu, Portlock is a desirable, affluent neighborhood known for it’s luxurious estate homes with ocean views. Overlooking Maunalua Bay, Portlock offers a unique perspective facing west where spectacular sunsets over Diamond Head can be enjoyed each evening. Though Portlock itself has no sandy beach, the famous snorkeling paradise, Hanauma Bay, is just around the corner. Also conveniently nearby is Hawaii Kai Town Center and Koko Marina filled with shops, eateries, adventure tour companies and much more! This neighborhood is perfect for a family that wants a little more space, a little more privacy and a more local island experience.
Location: Honolulu / South Shore
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Yes
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Indoor Dining seats 8, Kitchen Counter seats 4, Two Outdoor Dining Tables seat 8 and 4
Other Amenities: Pool and Spa, Fitness Center, BBQ, Gated, Security System, WiFi, Private Oceanview Sand TerraceBedroom Configuration:
- Master Bedroom Suite: California King, lanai, pool and ocean views, smart TV, ceiling fan, walk in closet, ensuite Bath with dual sinks and a separate shower and tub
- Bedroom 2: King, lanai, pool and ocean views, smart TV, ceiling fan, ensuite full bath with dual sinks and shower
- Bedroom 3: King, smart TV, ceiling fan, ensuite full bath with shower
- Bedroom 4: King, lanai, ocean view, smart TV, ceiling fan, ensuite full bath with shower
- Bedroom 5: King, ceiling fan, ensuite full bath with shower
- Bedroom 6: Queen, ceiling fan, ensuite full bath with shower
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- This property offers one rental per 30 day period. Booking dates may be limited in accordance with all applicable zoning laws.
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $6,000 - $9,600
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-30
Maximum Occupants: 12
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $2,000 + tax
Security Deposit: $TBD
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Reservation Fee of $125
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.