This property is licensed as a short term vacation rental, Non-Conforming Use Permit Number 90/TVU-0286, and is compliant with Hawaii State Legislation (HB2078) for vacation rental accommodations.
Kailua Beach House is an original beachfront house and is a licensed vacation rental. This is a casual, family friendly, two-story 6 bedroom, 4.5 bath beachfront home with 5,000 square feet of living space. The 1/2 acre privacy-fenced property features a large, free-form swimming pool which has a poolside cabana with a shower and a built-in BBQ. The property décor features light colors, pastels and tropical prints. The oceanfront living area has a wetbar, a card room and TV, DVD, and small stereo.
Kailua Beach is located 15 miles east of the airport and Waikiki across the Koolau Mountains on the Windward coast. This serene residential area has no hotels or vacation rental condos and its three miles of reef-protected, white-sand beach is ranked among the very best in the USA. Windward Oahu offers several golf courses, tennis facilities, water sports activities, a variety of restaurants, grocery stores, theaters, a shopping mall and the consumer services typical of most suburban areas.
Maximum occupancy of the main house is 12 guests. Please inquire about renting the 2 bedroom cottage as well if you have more people.
TAX ID: TA 074-937-95484-01
Location: Kailua / Lanikai
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: No
Square Footage: 5,000 / 1/2 acre
Staff Services: Available at an additional cost
Oceanview dining area in the Main House seats 10, Breakfast area seats 4, Outdoor Poolside dining seats 10+
Other Amenities: Wireless Internet, Safe, Beach towels, Boogie boards, Beach chairs, and a Cooler for beach use.Bedroom Configuration:
TOTAL BEDDING: 3 Kings, 1 Queen, 6 Twins
- Bedroom #1: 1st Floor – King bed, private bath with shower, oceanview
- Bedroom #2: 1st Floor – 2 Twin beds, private hall bath with shower
- Bedroom #3: 2nd Floor – King bed, shared hall Jack & Jill bath with tub, oceanview
- Bedroom #4: 2nd Floor – 2 Twin beds, shared hall Jack & Jill bath with tub, partial ocean view, sliding shoji doors
- Bedroom #5: 2nd Floor – King bed, oceanview, shared family dressing area and bathroom with BR#6 (This wing is set up best for families with kid)
- Bedroom #6: 2nd Floor – Queen bed with partial oceanview & 2 Twin beds, shared bath with King bedroom #5 and access to this room is through BR#5
- House has ceiling fans throughout but is NOT air-conditioned.
- There is no land-line in the main house or the cottage.
- Cottage – 2 bedroom, 1 bath unit with oceanviews and a private path to the beach, is located in a separate building outside of the gate, above the caretaker’s quarters and is rented separately. Cottage occupants have a view of the pool area, but do not have pool privileges and use public beach access.
- Caretaker lives in cottage outside of gate but on property.
- Public beach access is located next to property.
- House is in need of minor maintenance, beachside windows need to be replaced along with a few other minor items.
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $1,425 - $2,525
Minimum Stay Varies: 7-14
Maximum Occupants: 12
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $750
Security Deposit: $1,500
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Rate based on occupancy of 12 guests and check-in orientation at the property.
- Maximum of 14 guests total (including children age 5 and over) at $125.00 per extra person/per night with approval.
- Children under 5 years of age are free.
- Please inquire if you also wish to rent the cottage at an additional rate per night for a total of 16 people.
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
Wonderful location right on the beach and perfect home to celebrate my birthday with all 16 members of my family. Décor was a little dated but adequate. Loved being on the beach and also having a pool. Kailua is family friendly and easy to get to Honolulu for more excitement.