This property is licensed as a short term vacation rental, Non-Conforming Use Permit Number 90/TVU-0258, and is compliant with Hawaii State Legislation (HB2078) for vacation rental accommodations.
Hale Ohana is a two-story family style home set on the west slope of Koko Head crater, adjacent to Hanauma Bay. The house has casual, island-style furnishings and offers panoramic ocean views over Moanalua Bay toward Diamond Head and the mountains beyond.
As you drive up to the house you will park in front the garage and walk up a few steps to the pool and pool deck with stairs that lead up to the front door entry. The pool at Hale Ohana is solar heated to help maintain a comfortable temperature level. There is also ample seating on the pool deck from which to sunbathe or to simply enjoy the gorgeous views.
The first level of the house has a large oceanview living room/lower den area with cable TV, DVD and a game table for cards or board games. Also on the second level is the kitchen, a bath with shower and a generously-sized dining room that seats 8-10 people and opens onto an oceanview deck which has lounge chairs and table seating for 8 persons. In combination these areas provide a wonderfully convenient and relaxing atmosphere in which families and friends can enjoy the indoor/outdoor Hawaiian lifestyle.
All of the bedrooms are on the upper level of the house with the master suite with A/C, occupying a corner position where one side consists entirely of sliding glass doors and provides some of Oahu’s best views of the ocean, mountains and gorgeous sunsets over Diamond Head in the distance. The other two bedrooms and the upstairs den/sleeping area are separated from the master suite by the stairwell from the living/dining areas.
Hale Ohana is convenient to shopping, theaters and restaurants in the Koko Marina section of Hawaii Kai (less than 1 mile) and the location is less than 10 miles east of Waikiki. Other nearby activities and attractions include Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach and Makapuu Beach; jet skiing or water skiing and other water sports in Koko Marina; Sea Life Park at Makapuu; two golf courses in Hawaii Kai and the oceanfront Moanalua Tennis Center.
TAX ID: TA-137-893-8880-01
Location: Honolulu / South Shore
Swimming Pool: Yes
Air Conditioning: Partial
Square Footage: 3,200
Staff Services: Available at additional cost
Main Dining area seats 8 persons, Informal Dining on the outdoor Lanai seats 8
Other Amenities: Solar heated pool, DSL high speed Internet access, Printer/Fax, Partial A/C in Master BedroomBedroom Configuration:
- Master Bedroom: Upper level – CA King bed, private bath with tub/shower, TV, A/C, ceiling fan, lanai, oceanview
- Bedroom #2: Upper level – Queen bed, shared bath with tub/shower, lanai, ceiling fan, oceanview
- Bedroom #3: Upper level – Queen bed, shared bath with tub and shower, ceiling fan
- Den/4th Sleeping Area: Upper level – 2 Twin beds, shared bath, sitting area, pull-out sofa, TV
NOTE: Bedrooms #2 and #3 are accessed through the den area and the bathroom for bedrooms #2 and #3 is located in the den area
- June 2018. A 5 month resurfacing project on Kalanianiole Hwy taking place 8pm-4am.
- There is a steep driveway to reach the house.
- The garage is utilized for owner storage and is not available for guest use.
- Partial A/C
- No Smoking
- No Pets
- Rates are based upon season, number of guests, and length of stay. Rates are subject to change without notice before a rental agreement is issued.
Nightly Rate Varies: $525 - $1,015
Minimum Stay Varies: 5-14
Maximum Occupants: 8-10
Local Taxes: 14.962%
Departure Cleaning Fee: $495
Security Deposit: $1,000
Check-In: 3:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
- Rates based on occupancy of 8 guests. Additional guests up to a total of 10 allowed with additional fee of $25 + tax, per guest, per night.
- In addition to charges listed above, other charges may include reservation fee, service fee or resort fee. Please inquire.
- Damage insurance is available at an additional cost.
- Rental insurance is available at an additional cost.
- A 3.5% charge applies if paying by credit card.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Deposits and final payments are generally non-refundable unless the property is sold or rendered unfit for habitation as dictated by owner/property manager and no acceptable substitute can be found. Pro-rata refunds, less a 15% – 20% fee, may sometimes be made if a reservation is cancelled and the property can be re-booked at an equivalent rate and length of stay but the owner, property manager or booking agent is under no obligation assure or effect any such refund and the specific terms of the rental agreement signed shall apply.
The purchase of trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance is strongly recommended.
My experience vacationing at Hale Ohana was nothing short of perfect...! Betina LeVeau Zlotlow of Luxury Vacation Homes was the quintessential example of fantastic customer service from the time I had inquired about the property, through the end of our stay at this wonderful vacation home. She and her helpful and knowledgeable staff really made vacation planning for this property a lot easier for me, which gave my family every opportunity to settle in and enjoy their vacation at a true relaxed pace, and atmosphere. Hale Ohana itself is truly a home away from home. It is close to everything...! (grocery and souvenir shopping, snorkeling, beach, movie theatre). I LOVE that house..! And I haven't even talked about that breathtaking view yet..? I could go on and on, but I would just say, please plan your vacation stay with Betina at Luxury Vacation Homes, where you are certain to have a wonderful experience..!